March 31, 2015

Watford man threatens to kill two women

By Amy Robinson
Farmer Staff Writer

A local Watford City man is facing felony charges after threatening to kill two women, in two separate incidents in March. Dennis Inglis, 45, was arrested and taken into custody following a traffic stop on March 24, in the Subway parking lot.
Inglis’ legal problems started on March 8, when a neighborly dispute ended in Inglis threatening to rape and kill his neighbor. According to police reports, Inglis had come to this woman’s house in the past without permission. As Inglis’ behavior became more threatening that specific day, the woman contacted 911 for her safety.
The victim reported to law enforcement that she feared for her safety due to Inglis’ erratic behavior and the threats made toward her. She believed that he would attempt to follow through with his threats.
Then on the morning of March 24, law enforcement officers were dispatched to a disturbance taking place at the Eagles Club, south of Watford City. Dispatchers notified officers that a male was threatening to kill the caller and was also threatening to take her truck.
Before officers arrived at the Eagles Club, Inglis had fled the scene. Once officers did arrive, they spoke with Francis Armstrong, who had called 911.
Armstrong told officers that Inglis had come to the door and was pounding and kicking on it and yelling profanities toward her. She told officers that he was also threatening to kill her and another man for kicking him out of the bar. Armstrong advised officers that she was very afraid of Inglis.
As Sheriff’s deputies were leaving the Eagles Club, they were advised that Watford City Police Chief Art Walgren had Inglis on a traffic stop in the Subway parking lot and had Inglis at gunpoint.
“I conducted a traffic stop at Subway on March 24,” said Walgren. “The subject was off his medication and had threatened to kill at least two people in separate incidents. However, no weapons were found after the arrest.”
According to officers, Inglis has a history with law enforcement. When off his medication, he becomes mentally unstable. Paperwork for emergency committal on Inglis was completed shortly after he was taken into custody. Inglis was then transported to Trinity Hospital in Minot for a mental health evaluation.
Inglis is facing two Class C Terrorizing Felony charges and one Class A Misdemeanor Menacing charge. His next scheduled court date is a preliminary hearing and/or arraignment set for April 23, at 8:30 a.m.