November 8, 2017

Justin Hammeren

Justin Jade Hammeren, 33, Bismarck, died Oct. 29, 2017 at CHI St. Alexius Hospital, Bismarck.
Justin Jade Hammeren (AWSHII IISHIUSH - Bad Horn) was born April 25, 1984, to Patricia Hall Hammeren and Arnold Hammeren. Justin was also an enrolled member of the Mandan Hidatsa and Arikara Nation, and a member of the Awaxia/Dripping Dirt Clan. Justin’s Indian Name comes from the Rabbithead side of his family and he was named by his Magoo LaVerne Fettig. Justin grew up in Mandaree N.D., and Bismarck N.D.
Justin graduated from Bismarck High School in 2002 and went on to college at Bismarck State College, graduating with an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business Management. Justin owned and operated his own rental property management company, Hammeren Rentals. He also owned and operated Bad Horn Energy, 100 percent Indian owned TERO Certified Company, working with his Uncle Tex Hall’s company, Maheshu Energy, contracting with oil companies in Mandaree and throughout the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation, hauling water. Justin also had experience in skilled trades, as a Boiler Maker, Laborer, and Foreman for Dakota Caulking.
Justin was a man of many talents in which he often never spoke of. Justin enjoyed his Sturgis Motorcycle Rally trips each year and made sure he went this year with his adopted brothers, visiting his favorite destinations. This tradition was a shared tradition in which his father enjoyed as well. Justin always had a very close and loving relationship with his Mom, and always spent a lot of time with her making special memories. Throughout Justin’s entire life he continued to stay close to his Mom, always checking up on her and spending quality time with her.
Justin met the love of his life, Jodi Herman, they married and together have a beautiful son Braydon, whom Justin loved with his entire heart. Justin always loved joking around and teasing everyone, and we will all remember him for his boisterous, happy laugh. Justin had a love for riding motorcycle, his dogs, snowboarding, knife collecting, and camping. He also had a love for hunting and was a skilled marksman from an early age and looked forward to this time of year when hunting season began.
Justin took on his biggest battle in April 2017, when he was diagnosed with Stage 4 Metastatic Neuroendocrine Carcinoma cancer. This cancer is very rare and aggressive, with 1 in 100,000 people per year diagnosed. Justin heroically battled this cancer and never lost his faith in God, although his disease progressed rapidly. Justin stayed strong and never gave up his fight to the end because of the love of his family, Father, and our Lord and Savior.
Justin was always a fearless warrior throughout his life and protector of his family and friends, and was nicknamed, “The Russian Bear.”
Justin leaves behind his wife, Jodi Hammeren; son Braydon Hammeren; mother Patricia Hall Hammeren; his four legged sons, Killer and Dexter; his beloved Harley Davidson Streetglide Special; brother Shannon Hammeren (family); uncles Allen Hammeren (Bonnie), Harold Hammeren, Ken Hammeren (Laurie), Doug Hammeren (Carol), Tex Hall (Tiffiany), Jerry Hall, Lawrence Dvorak; aunts Judy Hood (Carson Sr.), Debi Thompson (Bob), Edna Hammeren; numerous cousins from both the Hammeren and Hall families; nieces and nephews; God Children; his second set of parents Randy and Jackie Monzelowsky; and adopted brothers Gavin Monzelowsky, Andrew Basaraba, Ryan Holverson, Kyle Koble, Brenton Hartleib, Brock Hartleib, Dan Peterson, Matthew Barrett; as well as his cousins Ty Thompson, Lane Thompson, and Carson Hood Jr.
Justin was preceded in death by his father, Arnold Hammeren; his Paternal grandparents Ingvold Hammeren (Helen Melby); his Maternal grandparents Leland Hall Sr. (Audrey Rabbithead Hall); his uncles Byron Hall, Melvin Hall; aunts Brenda Hall Dvorak, Shirley Brown; and cousin Allen Hammeren Jr.
His son Braydon’s special request was to let everyone know Justin had an abundance of wonderful friends whom he loved so much and that his Dad was loved by a lot of people which was such a huge blessing.
A visitation was held from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m., with a prayer service at 11 a.m., on Wednesday, Nov. 1, at Evangel Church. Wake service began at 5 p.m., at the Mandaree School, Mandaree, N.D. A funeral service was held on Thursday, Nov. 2, at 10 a.m., at the Mandaree School.